Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world’s most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
Vaccination for COVID-19 and Influenza (flu) is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 and Influenza (flu) vaccine requirements are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical, religious, or fully remote exemption. Requests for exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved exemption is required to start work.
Important Note for MSK Employees:
Your Career Hub profile is submitted to the hiring team as your internal resume. Please be sure your profile is fully complete with your skills, relevant experience and education (if required). Click here to learn more. Please note, this link is only accessible for MSK employees.
We are seeking a Pharmacist to join our K10 Pharmacy team at The MSKCC Koch Center as an Evening/Overnight Floater.
The David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care is a multi-service outpatient cancer center that also houses an Inpatient unit, an Endoscopy Suite, and an Interventional Radiology unit located on 530 East 74thStreet in Manhattan.
- Verify and prepare investigational, chemotherapy, and non-chemotherapy agents
- Enter premeds and anti-emetics per institutional guidelines
- Have a good understanding of inpatient operation and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- Support Omnicell Services
- Execute cleanroom operations
- Review and process take home prescriptions as per MSKCC policy and state regulations.
- Other duties as needed
- Highly motivated and able to work well with others in a demanding environment
- Able to adopt a culture centered around patient safety and cleanroom sterility
- Able to make sound judgements even with incomplete information
- Able to suggest changes to workflow to improve patient care
- Someone with a strong sense of ownership and willingness to learn in an empowering environment
- Someone with a substantial understanding of computer and pharmacy systems
- Someone with a supportive attitude towards others’ beliefs and ideas
- Valid NY Pharmacist license
- Pharm.D (or equivalent)
- Prior hospital pharmacy and chemotherapy experience preferred
- Strong computer skills and the ability to develop a good understanding of pharmacy systems
- Primarily Evening shift, starting as early as 11:00am and ending as late as 10pm.
- Overnight coverage as determined by dedicated overnight staff vacation, leave, and other time off from work
- Overnight shift hours are 8pm to 7:30am seven nights in a row or 9pm to 7am up to four nights a week (depending on coverage needed)
- Rotating weekends and Holidays